Blake Rasch's Strikes, Bites, and Fights

This is my fishing blog. I'm Blake Rasch and I'm an outdoorsman!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Why I am a Conservationist

© 2008 Blake S. Rasch

con·ser·va·tion·ist:
"A person who advocates or promotes conservation, esp. of natural resources."

Random House Unabridged Dictionary


Hi, my name is Blake. Thanks for stopping by, I have a lot of stuff to share with you. I'm a outdoorsman so I go on lots of outdoor adventures. I like to go camping with friends and family. I love fishing and I hope to be a fishing guide as my future career. I have many fishing places that I would like to tell you about. I've got Carp Lake, Bass Lake, Catfish Lake, and Panfish Pond. I spend a lot of time at all of them especially Carp Lake.

Because I spend so much time fishing it is important for me to conserve these resources. I want to be an outdoorsman for the rest of my life. When I go fishing I always carry a bag with me in case I find some trash, and I'm always on the lookout for things that don't belong in the water. For instance the other day I found two chairs in Carp Lake that I pulled out of the water with a bridge gaff.

In order to conserve natural resources I ride my bike everywhere I go. Bikes let me get to places I need to go to fast and can get into places cars can't. I'm hoping that soon I get a bike trailer to pull behind my bike so I can carry more fishing equipment with me.

It's really important for all of us to help and conserve the environment . I really love the outdoors and I hope that you do too.

See you next time at Strikes, Bites, and Fights.


Blake S Rasch
Strikes, Bites, and Fights
Guide and Outfitter

7 comments:

Albert A Rasch December 26, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

Hey Blake,

Ms. Holly from NorcalCazadora says to keep up the good work! Make sure you visit her Blog and thank her.

Dad,
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles
Proud Member of Outdoor Bloggers Summit
Southeast Regional OBS Coordinator

Anonymous,  December 26, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

I'm so happy to see the next generation of outdoorsmen taking to the blogging world. Good for you Blake!

Keep writing. We need more voices speaking up for protecting the places where we hunt and fish.

The Suburban Bushwacker December 26, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Hey Blake
I just thought I'd stop by with a few words of encouragement and the news that you have your first blog follower you're not related to!

happy new year
SBW
PS your linked in the fishing section of my blog roll.

Anonymous,  December 28, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

Hope to see more of your work!! I am always happy to read the writing of another outdoorsman/conservationist.

billco December 31, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

You're off to a good start.

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

Hello Blake - Dropped by to say welcome to the outdoor blogging world and I look forward to more of your posts and fishing stories. I would be glad to share a link with you. I will put your link up this evening over on my blog.

Happy New year and good fishing!

Blake Rasch January 7, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Thank you everyone for stopping by. I saw all of your blogs and I really liked them. I am going to keep visiting your blogs every now and then.

Thank you again!
Blake Rasch